Thursday, July 14, 2005

Elementary my dear Watson

For whatever reason the title is the first thing that popped in my head when I started this post. Probobly due to I was reading comic books this morning instead of waking up, and Ruse juts happened to be one (as did the entire Deadpool limited series). Reading those books this morning made me way too nostalgic for comic books (as did seeing Sin City finally) and I think I may hit up a shop this weekend and pick up a few. If anything catch up on The Flash which still remains my favorite hero of all time. When I started getting back into the hobby say 6 years ago I stuck to mainly Marvel titles I loved as a kid. X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, etc. Yet as time went on and I started branching off into other cape books and *gasp* 'indy' comics, I fell, and boy did I fall hard, for DC Comics (my empty bank account showed this). I realized I wanted my Superhero books to be pure superhero and my independent books to be as wordy and prentenious as possible. Marvel tried to do both and if you ask me gave a much dryer and simplier overall product. It was then I fell for The Flash, yet it was not until Geoff Johns joined the book that interest increased and he by far gave some of the greatest 4 years of comic material I've ever read.

For whatever reason I feel really productive today (as noted by the fact I'm updating here while I extract some test scores from a database). I cleaned my office - put my new SAS books on the shelf, organized papers in the filing cabinet - and doing some serious work. This week I've felt insanly lazy due to my exhausting but amazing weekend. Friday I worked a half day and then went down to Syracuse for the annual Beer Festival. If you don't know what that is just imagine unlimited supply of beer for 25 bucks. You get a small 4 oz glass and each vender gives you "2 oz's" of beer. And this is not just any cheap beer, PBR still thankfully represented, but micro and global breweries and distributors from all over. I got complelty tanked, got home around 12, made some drunken phone calls (realized the next day) and slept a solid six hours when I woke up and could not fall asleep. Even still, Saturday was even better.

I watched TV and played videogames all morning since I was not asked to go in for my on-call shift at 10. After a while of being bored I decided to be halfway productive and hit the gym. After lifting, I stopped by the library to say hi to Laura who I haven't spoke with in a while. She was about to close the library and play softball, which I thought nothing of. Lo and beold, Dan - someone I see all the time in class and through other friends I have no idea he is friends with; We get along amazingly well, and every party we are at I end up chilling with him the majority of the night, we just never exchange numbers for whatever reason - comes up asks if I want to play softball. I can never say no to that and we go. The turn out sucked, only six of us, so we ended playing wiffleball instead which is just as good. Won the first game and lost the second (should have picked Laura over Dan - forgot how important speed is in wiffleball). After that I came up with the idea of throwing a BBQ, Laura offered her place, we bought some food and some beer, and barbaqued and watch Rounders, followed by an eight person game of poker until 4 am. Sunday I sat around, watched Lotus War at Pete's, watched Sin City, and ate at Jays Diner. Overall, the weekend was amazing. I just didn't sleep.

Tonight, I'm seeing The Lord Weird Slough-Feg. I'm finally going to bring my digi-cam and get pictures and rock out to the most insane and awesome metal band I've heard in a while. God I cannot wait.

Listening to - "Sky Chariots" - The Lord Weird Slough-Feg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home