Friday, July 22, 2005

Meet the Mets

Just want to say the Mets are 4.5 games out of first and the wildcard respectively. The Nationals are falling apart like I've said for weeks (382 runs scored and 388 given up), we are tied with the Astros, and the Phillies are on our tail. Am I worried? Nope. We're going to the playoffs.

The Braves will probably win the East but I won't be surprised to see them collapse with as young as a team as they have. Right now I'm just excited about the wildcard spot. The Astros, Phillies, Marlins, and Cubs are the teams to beat. We routinely have great success against the Phillies, so-so versus the Marlins, same for the Nationals. Moving Piazza to the 6th spot has worked out amazing (need to do some statistics on this to make sure), Wright's fielding and base running is getting better, and Floyd has been solid. I'm so excited, I love the Mets.

Tickets on sale today for Bloc Party and the Kills. Looks like I'll be doing solo but I get to see Kevin and Chapman so the trip alone will still be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home